It was a year in the making. I actually cut out all the pieces, including the lining, bought all the notions, and made all of the markings a year ago, almost to the day. I began sewing the outer portion but got sidetracked and never finished. Well, here she is, just in time for fall.
Pattern: McCalls’s 5190 (out of print)
Fabric: Jacket–faux nubuck leather; lining–brocade
Notions: Six 5/8″ copper-look buttons
Changes I made to the pattern: Modeling this after the Tory Burch Sgt. Pepper Jacket, I made breast and lower pockets. I also did bound buttonholes (outside and inside) on the pockets and down the front. I made regular buttonholes for the epaulets, because I thought bound ones would be too thick for such a small piece. I added some topstitching down the center front and along the bottom edge of the jacket and cuffs.
Overall, I am so pleased with this jacket. The time it took to construct and the extra attention to all the detailing were well worth the wait!